Role Category: Operations
BU Name: UBE: Mining, Sasol Coal Supply
Get More details at:
Geographical Area: Secunda
End date of advert: 10 February 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB / ROLE INTENT
A General Worker performs manual labour in support of the area in which they work.
- Assist co-workers and artisans
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- Tidy and clean workshops, stores and outside areas
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Customer care
- Maintain safety & environmental standards
- Carry out any reasonable applicable request by colleagues and leaders
- General housekeeping
- Identify unsafe conditions
- Reporting deviations
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Attendance and participation of safety meeting and toolbox talks
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Grade 12 or N3 or NCV Level 4 Certificate with English passed as a subject
Previous relevant experience will be an added advantage
Self Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Please note the following clauses:
1. The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
2. In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
3. In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
How to Apply