Cowan House Co-educational Preparatory School educates boys and girls from Grade RRR to Grade 7. Our 70 year old school has a strong Christian ethos and is located in the village of Hilton in the KZN Midlands. We have a vacancy for a dynamic and passionate:
HEAD OF SPORT
The Head of Sport forms part of our Management team and will be responsible for all aspects of sport at Cowan House, setting strategic direction (in conjunction with the Head and Deputy Head) and overseeing and monitoring the day-to-day implementation and management of the sporting and extra-curricular programme.
- An appropriate university degree or professional qualification
- Excellent administration, communication and organisational skills
- The ability to coach and manage all school sport, as well as direct the Rugby and Cricket codes
- A genuine interest in, understanding of and concern for young boys and girls
- The ability to work closely and co-operatively with colleagues
- The ability to uphold the Christian Ethos and Values of the School
- A recent and valid police clearance certificate
- A valid driver’s licence and PrDP
- At least 4 years relevant experience
This position is effective from Term 2 (23 April, 2019). The starting date is negotiable. Cowan House School provides pension and medical aid benefits, as well as a competitive salary structure.
We welcome applicants to send a brief CV with the names of three references to the HR Manager, at the email address below.
Please see our website for a detailed job description.
Closing date: 12th Feb 2018.
The appointment of candidates is at Cowan House’s sole discretion, taking into account factors such as Cowan House’s Employment Equity Policy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.