Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The Senior Manager: Customer Channels is responsible to provide leadership and drive innovation on technology solutions around all customer channels and touchpoints.
Measures of success include the unification of service portals, improved customer experience KPI’s, and channel parity and innovation.
Key Performance Areas:
The Senior Manager: Customer Channels will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Maintain and develop a three-year Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud and Unified Communication Platform Architecture and Services roadmap.
- Lead the implementation of the Customer Channels strategy in line with overarching Group Technology goals with an emphasis on user experience and customer journey.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Customer Channels strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support.
- Apply and maintain standards, principles, and processes for overall management of Customer Channels.
- Manage the unification of portals and channels to service all customers/partners/agents.
- Ensure alignment with Group Marketing to ensure that the UX design and customer journey is in line with MTN’s brand and experience metrics.
- Ensure alignment with Group Commercial/Digital/EBU to ensure all service functions are effectively exposed through the channels in an efficient manner.
- Drive a demand management process to ensure that portal framework remains standard across all operations.
- Alignment with the SmartApp solution across all devices (owned by Group Digital).
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on the critical path of service delivery to customers.
- Escalate issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee/customer or cost impacts if not resolved, and manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution.
- Provide technical leadership on projects involving Customer Channels and provide input into the review of all projects initiated.
- Report on an ad hoc basis on specific projects as and when necessary.
- Review key risks, issues, and dependencies relating to Customer Channels, and set mitigation actions as required.
- Report on a monthly basis to management relating to progress made within Customer Channels and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by Group Technology and the Business.
Education:Minimum 4-year Academic Degree with Honours (B Eng / BSc Degree Preferred)MBA / Masters advantageousEnglish, French and Arabic (advantageous)Relevant certification/accreditation/membership with professional body as required for role
- Minimum 5 years’ Senior Management experience
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant sector/industry/area of specialisation
- Work across diverse cultures and geographies
- Proven track record of business improvement and strategy development
- Seniority levelMid-Senior level
- Employment typeFull-time