Lancet Laboratories has an opportunity for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Learner/Student Phlebotomy Technician. This is a Fixed-Term opportunity based in Nelspruit, Eastrand and Johannesburg Central. The purpose of the job is to develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment.
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Phlebotomy procedures and processes
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Training and Development
- One-to-One Meetings
- Lead by Example
Key Performance Areas
- Attends formal training programme offered by organisation, including attendance of lectures, rotation for practical training, submission of assignments and writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination, to meet contractual obligations of learnership appointment.
- Diligently pursues studies to become competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical purposes; providing HIV pre-test information; ensuring good customer care and performing all phlebotomy procedures and processes safely and within the prescribed legal and ethical framework.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Reports incidents, customer complaints, read documents on the lab and on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
How to apply
Applications close on 30 October 2018. Click here to apply online