Applications are now open for the Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) Graduate Programme. Take advantage of this opportunity if you want to join a global automotive industry leader.
FMCSA has been an active participant in the South African automotive industry since 1923, and remains one of Southern Africa’s leading automotive companies. The company runs a highly successful Graduate Trainee Program as well as a Bursary Program. Graduates from various fields of study, e.g. Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Law, Business etc. are provided with an invaluable opportunity to gain practical experience in preparation of securing a permanent position.
The Graduate Trainee Program is run over a period of 12 to 24 months and covers extensive training and development opportunities. Although there are no guarantees of permanent employment at FMCSA after expiry of the contract, the graduates may apply for any vacancies as and when they occur.
Every year students from various universities are invited to apply for Graduate Trainee programs. The applicants are screened and the best students are selected to join the program.
The following graduate opportunities are available in both Ford’s Pretoria and Port Elizabeth plants:
- Port Elizabeth Engine Plant – National Diploma/BTECH/Degree: Electrical (Heavy & light), Mechanical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering. BTech Logistics, Mechatronics and IT.
- Silverton Manufacturing Operations – National Diploma/BTECH/Degree: Electrical (Heavy & light), Mechanical, Chemical and Industrial Engineering, Logistics & Mechatronics
- Product Development Department – National Diploma/BTECH/Degree: BEng Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Finance Department – BCom, BCom Honours in Finance/Internal Control
- Marketing Department – BCom , BCom Honours in Marketing Management
- Ford Customer Service Department – BTECH Logistics and Supply Chain
- Human Resources: National Diploma/BTECH/Degree: Human Resources
- Purchasing: National Diploma/BTECH/Degree: Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing
Applicants are required to have completed their under-graduate qualification with a pass rate of 65% or above. A copy of the qualification and academic record should be attached.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS-Office: Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Consistently demonstrate a passionate and enthusiastic approach, underpinned by a strong drive for results and willingness to see tasks through to a successful conclusion
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team and on own initiative
How to apply