- Full Time
Sappi Ngodwana MillDescription
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to employ a Fitter and Turned to ensure optimum plant availability through maintenance, overhaul and repair of equipment
REPORTING TO Mechanical Workshop Foreman
- Fit, assemble, grind, machine and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Fitters and Turners may be required to cover breakdowns after hours and weekends on a standby basis.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Perform standby and overtime duties as required.
- Share knowledge with other fitters in the section and in other areas of the plant.
- Perform quality control inspection on all equipment that must be prepared
- Machine a variety of equipment and components on Boring Mill as and when required
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and best operating practices.
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Mechanical processes and standards
- Rotating equipment
- Fits and tolerances
- Workplace safety
- Technical Drawings
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or N2 Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter and Turner
- 2 Years Post-Apprenticeship Machining Experience in a Heavy Engineering Environment
- Valid Driving Licence
Upload your CV here >> upload CV