HUISGENOOT/YOU/DRUM magazines have a vacancy for a fashion assistant on their fashion team. The position is based in their Cape Town office, and the successful candidate will assist the magazines’ fashion editors in producing fashion content for the magazines’ print and digital platforms.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
- Assisting the fashion editors by performing a range of administrative and editorial tasks.
- Assisting in sourcing clothing and accessories for fashion shoots and ensuring merchandise arrives timeously for shoots. Keeping track of where garments have come from.
- Unpacking of merchandise.
- Steaming garments and arranging clothing in preparation for shoots.
- Packing of storeroom/fashion closet after shoots and returning products to suppliers.
COMPENTENCY REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 (diploma or degree in fashion design or media studies is advantageous)
- The ability to write fluently in English or Afrikaans.
- Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word. This is essential.
- Knowledge of fashion trends and a passion for fashion. These are also essential to this role and you need to keep abreast of local and international fashion news and trends.
- Drive and determination, an outstanding work ethic and the ability to work according to strict deadlines.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 11 MARCH 2019.