A vacancy exists for a Cleaner in a well-established construction company in Kempton Park. The qualifying candidate will responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the building by performing various cleaning duties. Tasks may also change throughout a cleaner’s employment. A cleaner performs delicate tasks of maintenance that is needed in any workplace regardless of the nature of work. To provide a professional, efficient and effective cleaning service that enhances the appearance of the facility and supports a healthy environment.
- Cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc. Replace bathroom supplies.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings (if applicable).
- Check bathrooms twice a day and clean accordingly
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners. Other floor work may be required such as: scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors.
- Clean the Reception area of the facility every morning before 09h00
- Cleans and disinfects sinks, countertops, tables, chairs, refrigerators, etc.
- Ensure that tea and coffee is prepared in time when there are meetings
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and wipers.
Cleaning of office furniture
- Dust office furniture, machines & equipment’s at least weekly, taking care not to disorganise documents and papers on desks, etc.
- Empty office dustbins daily and dispose of all refuse appropriately in the refuse bins for collection
- Ensure that protective clothing is utilised while cleaning the office.
Front Office support
- Assist the receptionist with answering of telephone and ensure that messages are taken to the relevant people.
- If need be, assist in the filling room.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaner (hip or back pack). Washes walls and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, partitions, sills, etc.
- Assess the cleanliness and hygiene situation of the establishment and detect current and potential problems.
- Inform the office manager for the need of extensive repairs and other renovations in the office or working area.
- Continuous monitoring of cleanliness of facilities and other equipment’s
- The employee must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards on each floor.
- Report any broken items, accidents or injuries promptly.
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
Knowledge and experience
- Prior cleaning experience may be helpful
- Basic knowledge of general hygiene practices
- Good knowledge of facility layout
- Good knowledge of cleaning products and applications
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning equipment and products
- Friendly and cleanliness
- Client oriented- internally and externally.
- Communication skill