Cash OfficerAn exciting vacancy exists at O. R. Tambo International Airport for a Cash Officer within the Airport Management division.Key Performance OutputsThe successful candidate, reporting to the Assistant Manager Revenue Management and Control will be responsible for the following:
- Notify relevant personnel of any technical and/ or system failures with regards to customer queries.
- Assist with customer queries throughout all platforms.
- Issue receipts as well as confirmation of payments which includes correct information of customer.
- Ensure efficient customer/ traffic flow through prompt response to customer queries.
- Perform cash transactions and report any misconduct.
- Management and reconciliation of daily float.
- Counting and reconciliation of payment received by cash or credit cards.
- Keep record of daily transactions and issue receipts, refunds, credits or change.
- Build, support and maintain healthy, diverse internal and external relationships to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Adhere to relevant statutory/legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, policies and practices
Technical Skills and ExperienceThe following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- A valid matric (Grade 12) qualification is essential
- 1-year cashier experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of airport environment.
CompetenciesThis position calls for an individual who is an achiever, communicates well verbally, someone who is diplomatic and able to demonstrate good judgement. The person must have excellent problem-solving skills and be detail orientated. This position also requires a person who can plan work by setting definite milestones and actions for achieving goals.
Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and will also be advertised externally.